New games?

Previously, Minnit had a four-in-a-row game you could play in DM. However, when the chat was re-written in Go, this functionality was removed for the sake of time.

Recently, I’ve gotten four-in-a-row working again, and even played it w/ some folks. I’d like to release it to the public in the coming months along with a few other games.

So please let me know what games you’d like to see! Just keep the following guidelines in mind:

• Games should be something you can’t play in the chat already. For instance, nobody wants to play 20 Questions using a game modal, if you can already play it by typing.

• Games should be fun to play. Tic-Tac-Toe is not fun to play, because, if your opponent knows what they’re doing, they can constantly tie the game. Bingo is not fun to play.

• Games should not be copyrighted.

Some ideas I’ve had (that are not necessarily guaranteed to be developed):

• Sliding Picture
    Similar to sliding puzzle except one person uploads an image, and then it gets scrambled to the recipient. The recipient must then unscramble the image.
    More options could be the option to send it Easy/Medium/Hard (4x4, 8x8, 12x12), and the ability to choose if they have a maximum amount of time before they lose — and if they lose, maybe they never get to see the completed picture? That’d encourage FOMO!

• Reversi
    Similar to four-in-a-row, Reversi is a fun brain-game for two people. Might be too similar / too complicated? I know I’d play it!

• Checkers
    Self-explanatory.

• Chess
    Self-explanatory. Would likely rely on an external library for this.

Let me know your thoughts on the above, or any ideas you have!

1 Like

I like Mancala, Dots and Boxes, Battleship, China Checkers… And POOL!!!

2 Likes